Wednesday, September 9, 2009

August








Artist Awareness.
The best and only thing that one artist can do for another, is to serve as an example and an inspiration.
The pictures above are only 4 of many, MANY sketches from this past August/September. I've recently set myself a goal of completing at least 3 illustrations in my sketchbook daily. This guarantees that I keep drawing and sketching. It keeps me in the habit of doing, even though I cant sit down to paint/print every day. Its a good habit to get into. I sketch no matter how dumb or idiotic the drawing may turn out. Atleast its an idea that has been documented that I can go back to later, or forget all together.
To be honest it wasnt easy at first. But than I got into a rythm and was able to draw more than 5 sketches a day, which was a great feeling! So if you're paralyzed with fear to start drawing, it's a good sign. It shows you what you have to do.
I like to sketch ONLY the basics of my fantasy world, which I call my "Clutter Cave." Its where my mind can literally take all the clutter which are my concepts/ideas and put them to use on canvas, board, and paper!
I like to keep my illustrations/sketches very basic. If I work it out too much in advance, I will either be disappointed with the finished product or become VERY frustrated to perfect it. I like the process of creation. It allows me to freely change things until I feel it is right.

I only see my finished product as "finished" when its ready to reach out viewers.

Awareness of the Strange.
I love the eccentric things in life. Im a huge admirer of unusual. I find it all to be completely fascinating. I grew up on 'bedtime' fairytales and fantasy movies. The dark and mysterious stories were always my favorites.
Global Awareness.
By unleashing everyday subjects in a uninviting way, I feel that I can really open the viewers eyes to topics concerning Global Warning. I want to hit home and wake them up a bit. I want to startle them. I want them to be the deer in headlights when the look at my paintings.
PLEASE KEEP CHECKING BACK.
Im going to be doing a lot of blogging and posting pictures of all my new work. Right now everything is a work in progress, but thats the best part! :) Thanks for Reading.

C.Dogg

No comments:

Post a Comment