Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bacterial Meningits


First and Foremost:
I have been so busy working 2.5 jobs that I havent been able to sit down and get online. Not to check emails, or blog, or just catch up! HOWEVER, its is very important to me to blog about bacterial meningitis in the month of Februrary (the month i have also just recently dubbed my own national brain awareness month..!)

Feb. 15th 2005 I was diagnosed with bacterial meningits. Most victims of the deadly disease barely make it to the 72 hours before dying. Some how I made it through and and alive to still tell my story. The bacteria effects the brain, neck, spinal cord, spinal fluid, blood stream, and nervous system. It basically swells and cooks your brain in a matter of hours until your skull and brain cant take any more and it literally fries. Sucks, I know I went through it. Ill have more on my experience and what the professionals say tomorrow or monday.

I just wanted to make note of my day because I wasnt able to get on to blog my very special "other birthday".

No comments:

Post a Comment