Thursday, March 8, 2012

Houston, TX

Layover: Houston, TX
Ok, so... Im about to update you on my misfortune of 2 days and nights in a row of terrible hotel gyms! The first time I was in New Orleans where I woke up extra early (even a long day of flying ahead of me.. to go to the gym) The gym was locked and no one could seem to find a key to open it or figure out how it got locked. By the time I sat around waiting for eveyone at the hotel to realize it, it was already too late to work out and I had to be getting ready to leave for the airport soon anyway. UGH! The day after I had met my boyfriend, Chris, just outside the Boston area so I could see him while we were both away for work but in the same city for once! While he went to work in the morning I located the gym, stretched, got on the treadmill to find some sort of ERROR reading across the treadmill computer. Typical.
My gym and workout schedule FINALLY got back on schedule yesterday in Houston, TX. Again its so hard to work out on the road to begin with and than when the hotel gyms are crappy and broken it is very discouraging... However, at least new hotels = new change of scenery for the hotels with nice gyms. So that way it is a bit of a switch up and your not always on the same machine twice!
Yesterdays work out via treadmill:
(Brought to you by B.Fit owner Ethel B)
The treadmill was set to end every 20mins (again hotel required)
1 mile warm up. 20 mins. 141 cals. Increased incline every 30 secs at walking pace of 3.4 til I reached level 10. Walked at level 10 for 2 full mins brought back down to .5 still walking at 3.4.
Jogged for 3 mins at 5.4 and than walked for 2 mins at 3.4. I was dripping! .7 mils with 83 cals burned.
Cooldown 5 mins. 20 cals. at .2 miles
I will be doing this workout again today! Cant wait to hit the gym. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment