Sunday, February 19, 2012

LaGuardia, NY

Layover: LaGuardia (La Garbage), NY

Today I wasnt feeling all that well. It may have something to do with waking up at 3:30am every morning for the last 4 days in a row. When I arrived to the hotel today, instead of going straight to the gym, I opted to lay down in bed at 3pm... and although I was exhausted, the longest nap I had was 25mins... TOPS! Once I convinced myself to get up, I had a bowl of homemade chicken tortellini soup from the resturant, went back to my room to diguest for a bit before FINALLY hitting the gym. I would like to say that Im happy Im back in the flow of going to the gym. When I was working at a gym, it was easier to work out because it was so easy to access, however it has taken me almost a little over a year to recover from the random hotel (good/bad) gym swap!

Stretched out my legs and arms, my right shoulder blade has been tight and sore for the last 2 days, I may have lifted a passengers luggage the wrong way... ugh!

After stretching I hit the treadmill fast paced walking at different inclines. Final Result: 35mins. 180 calories burned. 1.55miles. I know it doesnt seem like a lot in distance for 35 mins. but I had it on some semi-steep inclines today. Trying to turn up the heat and switch up my regular "walking on the treadmill for a minimum of 20mins".

I than did 30 "dog" leg lifts on each leg (2 sets of 15), followed by as many "walking diamond-shaped" squats as I could do. I hit the elliptical for a failed attempt of 5 mins. followed by my most favorite workout on the Insanity Video Tapes that I will be slowly starting again. Which was a high jump, to squat, to push up postition back to start... Im trying to describe these as best as possible, since im not a trained professional with training! LOL!
----------------------------------------------------
Todays Food Log:

Breakfast: Granola Nut Bar, Apple/Cranberry juice.

Snack: munched on a few Carrots, Wheat Thins with a tamatoe/basil/onion salad thing... It was delisious!! It will be my newest favorite snack to bring with me on a trip.

Lunch/Dinner: Chicken Tortellini Soup, 1 Slice of Margarita Pizza (Im in NY!! Had to have a slice of NY Pizza!)

After workout Snack: Fiji Apple

1 comment:

  1. They are called burpees.

    Cal burned on treadmill is low for amount of time. Try a little jogging mixed with walking to burn more calories and spend less time on machine.

    Apple juice has way too much sugar

    You need more food after a workout

    ReplyDelete