Sunday, April 15, 2012

Appalachian Trail - Delaware Water Gap

Hiking along the stream.
Steep rocky part of the trail with Cody!

Finally Reached the top of the mountain
Sunfish Lake (1 of 7 Natural Wonders in NJ!)
The lake was made by a Glacier.

Yesterday Chris, Cody (my dog), and I ventured over the the Delaware Water Gap to hike a good portion of the Appalachian Trail where it starts in NJ over by the PA side. We hiked at a steep/steady incline. It was a 4.5 hr hike with well over 7 miles covered! It felt great to be outdoors again! We were able to take a short half hour break at the top of the mountain at Sunfish Lake for lunch.
Today I had to commute back up to Boston and I'm getting ready now to fly out. I wont be able to work out today, but it makes for a good recovery day after the intense hike yesterday. Ive decided that once Ive built up my endurance enough with running, Id like to get into trail running. However, that may take me a while to build up to that.. ha ha ha... In the meantime ill stick to hiking as a fun outdoor activity!
I have a NJ layover late tonight, so Ill be hitting my own gym tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment